Interesting Pest Facts
If you have a pest problem in or around the Cape Cod area, the only pest facts or pest control information that you probably want is how to get rid of them. Still, it may help and interest you to know some of these common pest facts to consider when dealing with your own pest problem.
This common pest has some unique attributes:
- Cockroaches can live up to nine days without a head.
- American cockroaches like beer.
- Cockroaches can run up to three miles an hour.
Spiders can inspire fear in people, but they have an interesting biology:
- Spiders have their stomachs on top of their bodies, not underneath.
- Spiders are one of the most diverse animals when it comes to species, with over 35,000 different species of spider.
- Male spiders sometimes pluck their webs guitar-style to attract mates.
It’s not your imagination — ants go non-stop:
- Ants never sleep
- There are roughly a million ants for every human on Earth.
- The death of the queen ant means the death of the colony if there is no new queen to replace her because no new worker ants can be born.
You see these pests in your kitchen, but did you know:
- Houseflies taste with their feet.
- Houseflies only live for two weeks.
- Houseflies can only ingest liquid. If they eat solid food, they regurgitate it so they can reconsume it in liquid form.
Before you flick that flea or mosquito off your dog, consider:
- Fleas can jump up to 130 times their own height.
- A mosquito drinks about five millionths of a liter of blood at a time.
- Bed bugs are nocturnal.
It’s true — mouse droppings really do multiply quickly:
- A female can produce ten litters of young a year, each with about five or six pups.
- A nest of mice can produce over 35,000 droppings a year.
- Mice usually only come out at night and prefer to hide in dark places in soft, warm material during the day.
Cape Cod Pest Pros for Pest Control
You may find these facts fun, you may find them interesting, or you may find them creepy. However, the most important of all these pest control facts is that for a safe, thorough removal of pests from your home in and around the Cape Cod area, the company to contact is Cape Cod Pest Pros. We serve the entire area, including Hyannis, Barnstable, Wareham, Kingston and more, and we handle all the types of pests you are likely to encounter, from fleas, ticks and mosquitos to spiders, earwigs and mice.
We have been treating Cape Cod-area homes for pests since the turn of the century, and we know just how to handle your pest problem. We know where to look for bugs, mice and other vermin and what to do about them to completely clear your home and keep those pests away. We have a solid commitment to the environment and use the safest possible products in our pest removal procedures.
We can offer you everything from a one-time pest removal to a full infestation prevention procedure to regular maintenance to keep you pest-free all year. Start by contacting us to set up a completely free, no-obligation pest inspection. Let the next pest fact be that your home is pest-free thanks to Pest Pros.